- When are Charisma Movement’s projects usually carried out?
Our projects are usually carried out in July and August.
- Who can apply for the projects?
Any university students, fresh graduates (that have graduated less than 3 years ago) & post high school students are welcomed to join our programme!
It doesn’t matter where or what you are studying – we welcome student from any disciple to join our programme!
- Do I need to be a Malaysian to be a volunteer?
No! We welcome students from all over the world to participate in our programme.
- Do I need past volunteering experiences to apply? What should I include in my CV?
No, you don’t need to have volunteered in previous projects to apply for a spot in Charisma Movement’s projects. A normal, standard CV would suffice. This should include education, work experiences, awards & achievements, leadership roles and skills & interests.
- What if I am unavailable throughout the duration of the project? Can I just commit part of the duration of the project?
As the projects are already attenuated to only lasting for two weeks, it is compulsory for volunteers to be available throughout the project duration.
- How do I go about fundraising?
Once you are selected as a volunteer, we will email you relevant information to assist you in your fundraising effort. The committee will provide you full support and will be there to guide you should you need guidance- a letter of endorsement can be provided upon request.
Here are some fundraising ideas to get you started – Bake Sale, Running a Marathon, Hosting a Dinner Party. Here’s a blog post on what our past volunteers did to fund-raise!
- What happens afterwards?
Sustainability is the forefront of Charisma Movement, volunteers will learn how to think forward when they are making plans, considering cost, people, effectiveness and the changes that come with time. They will also have the opportunity to see their plan continued after they leave, and learn to take responsibility for the successes and difficulties they encounter as they go along. Hopefully friendships and shared experiences will transcend the years and you’ll want to come back for more!
Project Teringai-Tumunda FAQ
- When will Project Teringai-Tumunda be held this year (2018)?
It will be held from 7-20 July 2018.
- How much will it cost me to join Project Teringai-Tumunda?
Volunteers are required to pay for the travel cost to and from Kota Kinabalu.
- Which schools are involved in the project?
The schools involved are SK Temuno Teringai Darat which Charisma Movement (formally, UKECharisma) have been working with for the past 5 years, as well as SK Tumunda Salimandut which was recently included into this project in 2016.
- Can I select which school I want to be involved in?
No, as selection will be done by random. However we will consider requests if there are mitigating circumstances.
- Where will I be staying during the project?
You will be placed in a hostel alongside with the other volunteers throughout the programme.
- Am I required to stay at the designated accommodation together with other volunteers throughout the programme?
Yes, you are required to stay at an accommodation which has been arranged by the committee to ease facilitation discussion among team members. Also, it will be an opportunity for you to make friends with all other volunteers.
- Do I need any teaching skills in order to participate in this project?
No! All we need is a strong passion and the heart in helping and inspiring the children 🙂
*a comprehensive information pack will be released to the volunteers when the volunteers’ place have been confirmed.
- What is the timeline of the application process? When will I know if I am selected for the project?
Volunteers application opens from 9th-23rd March 2018. Shortlisted applicant will be contacted via email for a get-to-know-you session via Skype after the application closes. Your place as a volunteer will be confirmed after the Skype session if we think your personality is a great match for our project. 🙂
Can’t find what you are looking for? Get in touch with us and we’ll get back to you ASAP 🙂